Sunday, August 21, 2011

A short trip, far far away!



What are your favorite memories from childhood?  One of mine is attending the Great York Fair.  My parents used to take us every year and we would eat Gyro's and see the animals, the veggies, go to concerts and ride the rides.  It was always the best. 

Shireen, Jane, Elbe and I waiting for the Derby to start.


Demolition Derby MoCo Fail
So, when the fair comes to Montgomery County, I always go.  And the "red neck" in me can't miss the Demolition Derby!   Although MoCo is no York,  the fair still has lots of fun for all!  There were wrecks, fires and even girls driving!  One year, that will be me! 

Now that's a fire.  Thanks Laytonsville Fire Co.



We also went to see the animals.  I always love the pigs.  Not sure why, as a kid it was the cows. But now, I just love the pigs! 


This year we also brought some special visitors.  Two colleagues from South Africa were visiting and joined us on our adventures. 

The gang after the trailer races!








No comments:

Post a Comment