Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lake Victoria


I spent a weekend exploring and enjoying the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria.  I ended up that the Kiboko Bay Lodge right on the lake for the weekend, after a recommendation from a colleague.  My accommodation was tent on a raised platform.  Which was very comfortable and a nice change from a business hotel.  No TV, no AC, just the sounds of the birds and the breeze. 



Saturday morning I took a tour of the lake by small boat.  There is amazing bird and animal life on the lake.   We saw Hippos, a fish otter and tons of birds.








I also got a tour of the Dunga Fish Market to see the types of fish that are being caught on the lake. 



Later that evening I saw the most special thing of all.  The sunset over Lake Victoria from the shore.  What an amazing sight and an amazing place to spend the weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment